Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Mike!

My fabulous hubby of 8 years turned 33 today, it's hard to believe that we've actually been together almost 12 years, so I've known Mike since he's been 21. Wow! How time flys!

Mike's sister Amber (and family) and his brother Timm (and family) came over to celebrate... I should also mention that this year Mike's mom, Jeanette, was in town this weekend, so she also was able to share this day with us!

Mike is so AWESOME! I made dinner for his birthday, or maybe I should say... I prepared the ingredients and Mike made his own dinner, as I was stuck on the recliner nursing the twins. He's such a good sport, and has come a long way since I first met him. What a catch! He even helped clean up the kitchen tonight after his siblings and mother left.

I do have to say that of course I made rolls on Wednesday and made Mike's cake yesterday (using his grandmother Dorothy's recipie - This is my favorite cake by far, and oh, so easy to make! I'll post more photos of how and the recipie later).






















2 comments:

Lela Paden said...

Love the picture with Mike and all his children. He looks so happy being a Dad. I would have to say that God knows who we need as life partners even when we think sometimes differently. So tell Mike to keep up the running the race and Happy Birthday from me.

Olivia Orsborn said...

Thanks Lela, that's one of my favorite pics, I'll let Mike know you commented!