Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Friday, January 15, 2010

Baking Bread


We go thru A LOT of bread!


It seems like my kiddos really prefer to only eat bread and fruit these days, although, I make them try other things at dinner time, and then use dinner rolls as my leverage to get them to eat 'that other stuff' they're not too keen on.




Wednesday was my 'baking bread day,' nothing else really got done around here, it was a sort of crazy day, bread baking, laundry piling up, etc. At least I made some pizza for dinner, but I had to run to the store to pick up sauce and cheese - on the sauce note - I'm going to attempt in the future to make and can my own spaghetti/pizza sauce and will post later.

What you'll see is that not every loaf is the same, as I have so many distractions, some loaves of bread have risen more than others, and I have two different loaf pan sizes: 9x5 and 8x4.
I hate to waste anything - so after I sliced all my bread, I kept the bread crumbs and put them in an old Adams Peanut Butter Jar.


mmm... Pizza for dinner!

0 comments: