Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Monday, January 11, 2010

Conquering the New Year…

OK, so it’s almost the middle of January, but I finally feel like I’m ready to begin a ‘New’ year starting TODAY. I have a few GOALS that I’d like to accomplish this year and thought that posting them would make me feel more accountable.

I’ve thought about my LIST for a few days now as well as HOW and WHY these items are on my list. What are my priorities? What would I be proud of accomplishing when this year comes to an end? How can my GOALS positively impact me and my family?

There are many things I could put on this list, it could easily be 100+ items long, but if I narrow things down and make some general and some specific, I think my list would be all-encompassing without being too long (I’d get tired writing it). Plus, I think I’m going to use these as SUBJECTS for FUTURE POSTS.

So, here’s my list, and I challenge others to making GOALS as well.

I want these to be LIFESTYLE changes…


· Spend more time reading the BIBLE and in PRAYER
· Turn the TV OFF
(I’d really just like to throw it out the window, but Mike wouldn’t be too happy)
· Limit my time on the INTERNET and be deliberate in what I’m doing
(it’s easy to waste time)
· Continue towards FINANCIAL FREEDOM, being DEBT FREE
and out of FINANCIAL BONDAGE
· Strive to be FRUGAL (easy on the wallet and the ENVIRONMENT)
· Wake up EARLY – go to bed EARLY – have more quiet time and reflection
· Spend more QUALITY time with my HUSBAND and CHILDREN
· EAT HEALTHY – I hate dieting, but it's easier if I focus on HEALTH
· Be more JOYFUL in all that I do

Our BIGGEST FUTURE GOAL we are working towards…

· Purchasing PROPERTY for a home with CASH ONLY

Some small PROJECTS we would like to accomplish this year…

· Putting up a PRIVACY FENCE around our home
· Putting up a CLOTHES LINE
· Building a greenhouse for a GARDEN
· Replacing our back DECK
· GRAVELING our driveway

2 comments:

Rachel said...

These are great goals, Olivia. You're inspiring to me in many ways. Thanks for being so honest in this post. I hope God blesses you with victories in these goals.

Olivia Orsborn said...

Thank you Rachel! I look forward to working towards and accomplishing these goals...