I seem to be continually reminded about our ladies' bible study last Monday. My Chiropractor has the following posted at her office, and I know that I've seen it probably in an email forward at some time. I feel it is very appropriate and applicable to adding and creating Joy in our lives. It's just a little reminder to stop being so wrapped up into being busy and enjoy my children while I can and be a positive influence, not just creating my own joy, but creating joy for them as well. Enjoy!
Love in the Home
- If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, but have not love, I am a housekeeper - not a homemaker.
- If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements but have not love, my children learn cleanliness - not godliness.
- Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh.
- Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
- Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
- Love picks up the child before it picks up toys.
- Love is present through the trials.
- Love reprimands, reproveds, and is responsive.
- Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child, and then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.
- Love is the key that opens salvations message to a child's heart.
- Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection. Now I glory in God's perfection of my child.
- As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.