Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Too much in one day!

Today I tried to do too much in one day!

And to top it all off, I'm starting my blog tonight. Typical me. Trying to shove as much as possible into my 24 hour day.

It started out the night before with my list for the next day: Shopping - applesauce, lactose free milk (for Connor), bread; Recycling; Duck Pond; check out Sewing Machine at Walmart; call WIC; 2nd call to set up Energy Assessment (Alaska Housing Finance Corp. Energy Rebate Program); Clean-Clean-Clean; pick up stroller from Mom's and drop off at consignment shop; stop by Play-It-Again Sports to see if they have the double-jogger-stroller in stock yet.

Surprisingly I accomplished all but my Energy Assessment call.

Picking Up the Stroller:

OK, I know that I shouldn't leave kids in the car, but today wasn't a hot day AND I left all the windows down in the car AND I parked right in front of Play-It-Again Sports. Well, I ran inside to pick up the jogger-stroller, paid for it, and of course, it wasn't assembled, so the associate said he'd assemble it for me. I went back out to the car and Connor was crying like made, had the sniffles going and all. I got him out of the car and whoosh - projectile vomit right on the pavement outside the entrance of the store! Now, I'm thinking it wasn't anything he ate - but rather he got himself worked up. Anyway, long day for the kids, and even longer - because I didn't know the stroller had to be assembled we went to Home Depot to kill time.

Home Depot:

By this time I felt like I was a walking zombie, but I wanted my jogger-stroller today and not tomorrow, so I forced an extra 30 minutes of aimless walking. In our journey around Home Depot I found a booklet on Play Sets for a good read later tonight and a slide lock to keep Jr. from opening up our back door screen door and going out into Bella's (our dog) Yard and playing in poo.

Picking Up Jogger-Stroller and on the way home (sort of):

Finally - got it! By this time I was exhausted and had already promised Jr. a Happy Meal, so we were on our way to McDonald's! I had also promised that we'd go to the duck pond once we acquired the jogger-stroller, so off to the duck pond after McDonald's - and finally home afterwards!

Home (and getting the kids to bed so I could collapse on the couch):

Getting the kids out of the Explorer and into the house takes time. I got Jr. out first, he decided to take off his Kroc's and run around in the drive way while I was getting Connor out. I also needed to get stuff out of the car. Ugh. Finally got inside the house. Had to take Advil and vitamins immediately. Jr. is in the middle of potty training - so to the bathroom we go. I wanted to get the kids in the bath immediately, but my head was throbbing and spinning, so I had to sit down and let the kids play for a bit. 15 minutes later and I had the kids' clothes off and they were in the bath. Not only is one inch of water in the bath a good safety precaution, but also a wise idea if you don't want the rest of your bathroom covered in water. Kids were down by 7:00! Time to veg out and check email AND start a blog :)

OK, I think that's enough for tonight.